Biointelect is a strategic planning and commercialisation consultancy. We provide a range of services for biopharmaceutical, medical device and IVD companies seeking to commercialise new technologies globally.
Our clients are either entering new markets or new therapeutic areas, and need to adapt their organisation and business processes to optimise their effectiveness, or have limited resources to be able to focus and effectively execute key projects.
Biointelect helps clients to develop and drive strategy, identify and evaluate new business opportunities and find the right partners.
Global reach and international experience.
We consult to:
- Overseas companies requiring insights into the Australian healthcare market.
- Overseas companies needing to develop effective international strategies.
- Australian and NZ companies needing insights into the US, European and other markets.
- Start-up medical/biotechnology companies and university research institutes for regulatory and commercialisation strategy
And we help our clients ensure regional and global success.
Biointelect assists clients navigate the complex pathway from product concept through clinical trials and regulatory pathways to commercialisation and distribution. We undertake international market evaluations and develop commercial strategies. We perform reviews and gap analyses on start-up businesses, product launch strategies, business models and revenue cost projections and provide fit for purpose solutions for commercialisation.
Our Scientific Affairs team can provide expert advice in clinical, medical affairs and regulatory strategies to support the development and registration of new products. We can ensure this is done in compliance with today’s global regulatory and quality standards. Our team has hands-on experience in product registration, clinical trials, quality systems.
Biointelect’s experienced board and management maintain an extensive international network of key opinion leaders, biotechnology and life science industry experts and business leaders. This means we are able to help our clients identify partners for licensing and distribution, ensure they are investor ready and assist with contract negotiation.
Why choose Biointelect?
Biointelect offers clients a cost and time-effective partnership to achieve commercialisation by representing their needs, identifying opportunities and reducing risk.
We work collaboratively with our clients to optimise commercial results for their biopharmaceutical product or medical device. We achieve this by using scientific data to drive market penetration and by developing regulatory, reimbursement, scientific and marketing strategies.
Our proven track record in new product launches and start-up ventures combined with our extensive international network ensures we have the expertise to help our clients achieve their goals both regionally and globally.
Case study 1Review pitch for novel infectious disease product
- Identify why partnering approaches had not been successful and adapt investor pitch deck
Case study 2Set-up Australian subsidiary for trial
- Establish subsidiary in Australia to conduct phase 1 clinical trial
- Access R&D tax credit to support cash flow of early stage biotech
Case study 3European market access strategy
- US Biotech needing insight into European markets for clinical development plan and launch prioritization of novel first in-class vaccines
Case study 4Partnering: gene therapy
- Determine market opportunity and market access feasibility for novel high priced gene therapy for rare disease
- Identify potential partners to distribute product
Case study 5Commercialisation strategy: biomarker
- Determine regulatory pathway options and clinical trial design for cancer biomarker
- Determine capital raise required to fund trial
- Evaluate market opportunity to improve chance of success with investors
Case study 6Dengue therapeutic market potential
- Develop business case for dengue therapeutics in SE Asia and Latin America
Our services are designed to be fit for purpose.
Our clients range from small start-up ventures to large and complex multinational companies in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device sectors.
The Biointelect management team individually have greater than 20 years’ experience and proven track records in small start-up ventures and multinational corporations. We, therefore, uniquely understand our client’s needs. We have successfully managed business units or companies and navigated complex regulatory, clinical research, quality management, commercial, product launches and business partnering strategies.
Our consulting philosophy is to always offer a personalised and adaptable service. We take ownership of our projects seriously and strive for success as if we were part of your team.